Thursday, March 13, 2014

Grocery List Made Easy



I don't know about you... but if you're like me, and in any part of the process of revamping your diet to adopt a healthier lifestyle; then grocery shopping must now be approached differently.

Personally, I am steadily modifying eating habits as my body calls for me to do so. Take for example, sometimes I won't eat any dairy products, while other times call for absolutely no refined starches (including white potatoes). However, when I feel up to it; I can and will incorporate dairy and/or potatoes back into my diet in small portions. 

In my Internet searching, I came across this really useful chart which helps simplify trips to the grocery store and farmers markets. You can add or subtract foods or food groups to suite your regimen. For instance, I personally will omit meat from this list because I'm pescatarian; whereas you may want to exclude dairy or shell fish. 

This is only a guide to help you when you're scratching your head as to what to buy at the grocery store and can help you create new and healthy meal options. 

~Enjoy